x-rite i1 Scanner is a software for creating input profiles for scanners. For creating such profiles for a scanner, besides the calibration software, IT-8 calibration targets
and a scanner software capable of embedding the created profiles are needed. The following scan programs are capable to do so:
- Epson: EpsonScan (within the scope of supply of the following Epson flatbed scanners: V550/V600/V700/V750/V800/V850/10000xl/11000xl/12000xl/DS-50000/DS-50000N)
- Canon: ScanGear (within the scope of supply of the Canon Scanners CanoScan 9000f and 9000f Mark2)
- SilvSilverFast: SE, SE Plus, Ai Studio
To calibrate the scanner, first of all, an IT-8 Target is scanned and saved using a scan program. The saved file is then being read and analyzed by the x-rite i1 scan Scanner software. During this process, the individual color fields are being matched with the color values of the reference file. The reference file associated with the IT-8 target can be found on the website of the respective manufacturer. Resulting from the deviation of the scanned colors from the corresponding reference file, the x-rite i1 Scanner software creates a color profile, which is then being saved. It can subsequently be used as input profile by the scan program.
Note: x-rite i1 Scanner cannot process extended IT-8 targets from Lasersoft Imaging.
Scope of delivery
- DVD with software x-rite i1 Scanner
- serial number for activation