The Epson Perfection V600 Photo is a low-price device for beginners in the series of Epson flatbed scanners. In the cover plate there is a transparency unit integrated, so that the scanner is suitable both for scanning documents and for digitizing slides and negatives. The scanner provides a good image quality when scanning documents and is fast. The image quality, however, is very bad when scanning negatives and slides using the standard scan software from Epson, since the density range of the scanner is too low. A significant improvement can be achieved by using the scan software SilverFast SE Plus thanks to the multi-exposure feature. More info on our detailed Test report about the Epson Perfection V600 Photo
A special features of SilverFast SE Plus is the automatic frame adjustment for document scans: You can place the documents or photos almost arbitrarily on the scanner glass surface. The scan software SilverFast SE Plus sets automatically the right scanning frames and rotates the pictures automatically if neccessary.
The Epson Perfection V600 Photo plays to its strength not until operated with the professional scan software SilverFast Ai + IT-8 target. In order to achieve the best image quality we recommend to use SilverFast Ai Studio. With the SilverFast IT-8 colour calibration it is possible to individually calibrate your scanner and work within a professional colour management workflow. Thus the image quality of the scanner can be considerably increased and you do not have to spend a lot of time for extensive image editing. We offer the Epson Perfection V600 Photo together with the SilverFast scan software for a low bundle price
The image quality of the Epson Perfection V600 Photo can even be increased by operating the scanner with the scan software SilverFast. Due to better image processing algorithms and IT-8 color calibration you can get real colours based on a real color management process when operating the scanner with SilverFast. We offer the Epson V600 also with SilverFast SE and with SilverFast Ai Studio with IT-8 color calibration as a low priced bundle.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
- Create extraordinary enlargements from film: 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17" x 22"
- Scan slides, negatives and medium-format panoramic film: built-in Transparency Unit
- Remove the appearance of tears and creases from damaged photos: DIGITAL ICE for Prints
- Remove the appearance of dust and scratches from film: DIGITAL ICE for Film
- Restore faded color photos with one touch: Epson Easy Photo Fix® included
- Achieve greater productivity: convert scanned documents into editable text with ABBYY® FineReader® Sprint Plus OCR
- Quickly complete any task: instantly scan, copy, scan-to-email and create PDFs with four customizable buttons
- Energy-efficient LED for fast scans: exclusive ReadyScan LED light source means no warmup time, faster scans and lower power consumption
- Take your photos further: Adobe® Photoshop® Elements included (according to your choice above), to help edit and enhance your digital images
- Max scan area 216 x 297 mm reflective, 60 x 220 mm transparent
- Scanner Type: Flatbed color image scanner
- Photoelectric Device: Epson MatrixCCD® 12-line, color sensor
- Optical Resolution: 6400 dpi (max)
- Hardware Resolution: 6400 x 9600 dpi
- Fix focus
- Color Hardware Bit Depth: 48-bit internal/external
- Grayscale Hardware Bit Depth: 16-bit internal/external
- Optical Density: 3.4 Dmax
- Transparency Unit: 35mm Transparency Adapter 12 negatives/4 slides, Medium-format film (up to 6 x 22 cm)
- Buttons: 4 customizable buttons: Scan, Copy, E-mail and PDF
- Maximum Read Area: 8.5" x 11.7", TPU 2.7" x 9.5"
- Light Source: ReadyScan LED technology
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Dimensions: Width 11" (280 mm) x Depth 19" (485 mm) x Height 4.6" (118 mm)
- Weight: 9.0 lb (4.1 kg)
Supported film formats
- 35 mm film strips
- 35 mm mounted slides (mount thickness unlimited)
Scope of delivery
- Epson Perfection V600 Photo Scanner
- Transparency Unit (built into lid)
- 35mm, mounted slides, and 6x22 cm Medium-format Film Holders
- Scanner Installation CD-ROM (incl. for example EpsonScan, CopyUtility, EventManager, FineReader, PhotoScan, Scan-n-Stitch)
- Scanner Setup Poster
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable
- AC Power Adapter and Cord
- Optional: Adobe® Photoshop® Elements according to your choice above
Compatible operating systems
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- MAC OS-X 10.5.8 or higher
For the cleaning of the glass surface of the scanner we recommend the scanner cleaning set from Kinetronics. The set consists of an anti static cloth, with which you can clean the complete glass surface, and an anti static brush for cleaning smaller parts, but also for cleaning film material. Both the cloth and the brush have the special feature that they remove static charges, which adduct dust magically.
If the glass surface of the scanner is covered with strong dust we recommend the use of the Kinetronics cleaning fluid PLCD. That's a high value cleaning fluid, which has been developed especially for the cleaning of optical glasses and glass surfaces. With a couple of drops you can effectively remove dust and dirt.
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
If you work with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film scanner - you should calibrate your screen. Without a screen calibration performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer, image service, new screen).