Featuring enhanced high-pass optics that deliver the highest
level of image quality with faster scan speeds, the V850 Pro can
convert a wide range of media and film formats into
professional-quality digital images. This high-productivity
6400dpi scanner requires virtually no warm-up time, can remove
dust and scratches automatically and includes a set of highquality
Alternative film holders:
As you can read in our Review about the Epson Perfection V850 Pro
the film holders have a height adjustment and a glass cover. As an alternative you can use the film holders without glass
from the predecessor model. They can be loaded with 4 35mm film strips instead of 3, with 2 medium format film strips instaed of 1 or with 2 4x5" large format films instead of 1. Due to the scanning without glass you can avoid disturbing Newton rings.
Please, choose above, below the price information, between SilverFast Ai Studio 8 and the SilverFast Archive Suite (Archive Suite = SilverFast Ai Studio + SilverFast HDR Studio). If you need transparency targets (Kodak, Fuji, Kodachrome) for scanning film material, you find them in our category IT-8 targets. Detailed information about SilverFast and the available targets can be found on our SilverFast website. Information about SilverFast HDR can be found on our SilverFast HDR website. Information about scanner calibration can be found on our page Scanner IT-8 calibration.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
Using the SilverFast-Option printer calibration, you can calibrate your color printer. In order to do so, a test chart is printed and afterwards scanned using SilverFast. Thereafter, by matching the print against a reference file, a printer profile is generated specifically for your printer and the combination of paper and ink used.
- Choice of resolutionThe V850 Pro features a dual lens system that automatically selects the optimal lens, with up to 4800dpi optical resolution for photo scanning and 6400dpi when scanning using film holders.
- Scan from any source Scan a range of film formats in sharp focus thanks to the improved quality film holders with their adjustable height control and rigid design. The V850 Pro also supports film formats up to 8x10 inch when placed directly on the scanner glass.
- High productivity Epson's ReadyScan LED light source has a warm up time of less than one second, so scaning can start almost instanly. Two sets of film holders means you can prepare a second set of orginals for scanning while the first is still scanning.
- Cleans-up images Digital ICE Technologies automatically removes imperfections such as dust, hair, scratches and fingerprints from both film1 and photos to restore images to their former glory with the minimum of effort.
- The right tone Take advantage of excellent tone reproduction with 4.0 DMax optical density.The V850 Pro can detect the exact tonal range of the original, making sure the brightest and darkest areas of images are accurately reproduced to reveal impressive detail and dynamic range.
- Professional quality scanning: Slides, film, medium format & prints
- Dual lens system: Swaps between 6400dpi for slides and film, and 4800dpi for photos
- Removes imperfections: Digital ICE Technologies cleans-up old film and photos
- Dynamic range: Accuratly reproduce tonal range and gradation of the original
- High productivity: One second warm up time and two sets of film holders
- Flatbed scanner with transparency unit
- Scanning Resolution 6.400dpi (Horizontal x Vertical)
- Optical Resolution 6.400dpi
- Optical Density 4 Dmax
- Light Source White LED, IR LED with ReadyScan LED Technology
- Color Depth Input: 48BitsColor, Output: 48BitsColor
- Interfaces Hi-Speed USB - compatible with USB 2.0 specification
- Product dimensions 503x308x152mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Product weight 6,6kg
Supported film formats
- three 35 mm film strips with 6 frames
- 35 mm slide film x 12 images, all established mount thicknesses
- 120/220-Film (max. 6 x 20 cm) 2 frames
- 5 x 4 Zoll 2 frames
- 203 x 254 mm (with film area guide)
Scope of delivery
- Scanner Epson V850 Photo with transparency Unit
- Flm holders for 35mm film strips, 35mm mounted slides, medium format films and 4x5" films
- Epson Software CD
- Setup guide
- SilverFast activation key for registration and download of the software
- Optional: IT-8 10x15cm reflective targets according to your choice above
- Optional: IT-8 6x7cm transparent targets according to your choice above
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (according to your choice above)
- AC Power Adapter and Cord
- USB Cable
- Mac S 10.6+
- Windows XP SP2, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- SilverFast: Windows 7 (64-Bit), 8 (64-Bit), 10 (64-Bit)
- SilverFast: Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, 11
- SilverFast: Internet-connection
- Photoshop Elements 9: Windows XP - 10, Mac OS 10.5.8 - 10.14
- Photoshop Elements 12: Windows 7 - 10, Mac OS 10.7 - 10.14
Compard to the predecessor model Epson delivers the V800/V850 with film holders with glass covers. As you can read in our review these glass covers have a negative impact on the image quality. That's why we recommend to use film holders without glass. Except the here shown 35mm film holder without glass there is also a medium format film holder without glass
and a 4x5" large format film holder without glass
. Additionally, these film holders have the advantage that they can be loaded with more film material at a time: 4 35mm film strips instead of 3, 2 medium format film strips instead of 1 and 2 4x5" large format films instead of 1.
For the cleaning of the glass surface of the scanner we recommend the scanner cleaning set from Kinetronics. The set consists of an anti static cloth, with which you can clean the complete glass surface, and an anti static brush for cleaning smaller parts, but also for cleaning film material. Both the cloth and the brush have the special feature that they remove static charges, which adduct dust magically.
If the glass surface of the scanner is covered with strong dust we recommend the use of the Kinetronics cleaning fluid PLCD. That's a high value cleaning fluid, which has been developed especially for the cleaning of optical glasses and glass surfaces. With a couple of drops you can effectively remove dust and dirt.
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
If you work with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film scanner - you should calibrate your screen. Without a screen calibration performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer, image service, new screen).