This device is specially designed to accommodate documents individually,
and is ideal for users with specific capture needs, such as scanning
bound materials and thick or fragile documents. This scanner can be
easily integrated into vertical applications thanks to TWAIN, ISIS and
WIA support, as well as Document Capture Pro connectors.
scanning results are ensured by CCD technology and innovating imaging
features, such as Book Spine Correction, and improved colour
dropout/enhance powered by Epson Scan. In addition, Document Capture Pro
makes it easy to treat scanned data before its conversion and
distribution in virtually any document repository or document management
This scanner and its features can be shared between multiple users using the included Network Interface Panel. Combined with Document Capture Pro solutions, the Network Interface Panel allows users to benefit from Push Scan features and customise ‘scan to’ job functions such as ‘scan to email’ or ‘scan to Microsoft SharePoint®’, among others. These features enable complicated tasks to be carried out effortlessly.
Epson ReadyScan LED technology eradicates warm-up time, guarantees an absence of mercury, and lowers power consumption. These elements, combined with ENERGY STAR qualification, creates an environmentally friendly device.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
- Scanner type: Flatbed Scanner
- Scanning Resolution: 600 dpi x 600 dpi (Horizontal x Vertical)
- Paper Formats: A3, A4, A5, A6, B5, Letter, Legal, Executive
- Color Depth: Input: 48 Bits Color / 16 Bits Monochrome, Output: 24 Bits Color / 8 Bits Monochrome
- Light Source: ReadyScan LED technology
- Scanning Speed: Monochrome: 4 s/page - Colour: 4 s/page measured with Size: A4 , Resolution: 200 / 300 dpi, Monochrome: 0,4 ms/row - Colour: 0,4 ms/row measured with Size: A4 , Resolution: 200 / 300 dpi
- Features: Pre-defined scanning settings, Automatic area segmentation, Automatic de-skew, Automatic B/W colour detection, Dual Image Output (Windows only), Auto-rotation, Text enhancement, Edge enhancement, Advanced cropping feature for Auto size, Unsharp Mask (USM), Descreening, Horizontal & Vertical Document Split, Book spine correction, Automatic Folder Creation, Barcode Recognition, Zonal OCR A & B support
- Output formats: JPEG, TIFF, multi-TIFF, PDF, searchable PDF, secure PDF, PDF/A
- File compression features: Hardware JPEG compression, TIFF Compression (JPEG(7) , CITT G4, LZW), PDF Compression
- Interfaces: USB 2.0 Type B
- Supply Voltage: AC 100 V - 240 V,50 Hz - 60 Hz
- Product dimensions: 640 x 468 x 156 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Product weight: 15,3 kg
- Product dimensions incl. supplies (boxed): 860 x 640 x 360 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Product weight incl. supplies (boxed): 19,5 kg
- Drivers: TWAIN, WIA, ISIS (Web download)
- Noise Level: Operation: 54,9 dB (A)
- Energy Use: 25,5 W, 9,5 W (economy), 1,5 W (standby)
- Humidity: Operation 10% - 80%, Storage 10% - 85%
- Temperature: Operation 5° C - 35° C, Storage -25° C - 60° C
- Network Interface Panel / Unit: Built-in
- Ethernet settings: 10BASE-T / 100BASE-TX / 100BASE-T / Full-duplex / Half-duplex
- Panel type: 5-line LCD with Push Scan features
- Protocol support: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SLP, HTTP
- IPv6 support: Yes
- Push scan features: Yes (with Document Capture Pro solutions)
- Panel Lock with password: Yes (with Document Capture Pro solutions)
Scope of delivery
- Scanner Epson WorkForce DS-50000N (included Network Interface Panel)
- Software-CD; which contains ABBYY FineReader® Sprint 8.0 (MacOS), ABBYY FineReader® Sprint 9.0 (Windows), Epson Document Capture Pro (Windows only), Epson Document Capture Pro Server (on free download), Epson Event Manager (Mac Only), Epson Scan
- Power cable
- Setup guide
- USB cable
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements according to your choice above
- Citrix XenApp 5.0, Citrix XenApp 6.0,
- Mac OS Version 10.4.11 or higher (only Epson Scan)
- Presentation Server 4.5, Terminal Service
- Windows Server 2003 (32/64 Bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64 Bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 R2
Vista, Windows Vista, 64-Bit-Version, Windows XP, Windows XP,
64-Bit-Version, Windows 7, Windows 7, 64-Bit-Version, Windows 8, Windows
8.1, Windows 10
- Photoshop Elements 9: Windows XP - 10, Mac OS 10.5.8 - 10.14
- Photoshop Elements 12: Windows 7 - 10, Mac OS 10.7 - 10.14
Due to the size of the device and its packaging shipment is only possible with DPD. Even if you choose DHL as shipment service, we have to send the parcel with DPD to you.
For the cleaning of the glass surface of the scanner we recommend the scanner cleaning set from Kinetronics. The set consists of an anti static cloth, with which you can clean the complete glass surface, and an anti static brush for cleaning smaller parts, but also for cleaning film material. Both the cloth and the brush have the special feature that they remove static charges, which adduct dust magically.
If the glass surface of the scanner is covered with strong dust we recommend the use of the Kinetronics cleaning fluid PLCD. That's a high value cleaning fluid, which has been developed especially for the cleaning of optical glasses and glass surfaces. With a couple of drops you can effectively remove dust and dirt.
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
If you work with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film scanner - you should calibrate your screen. Without a screen calibration performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer, image service, new screen).
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
With the software x-rite i1 Scanner you can make a colour calibration of the scanner. Thus the image quality increases significantly, since colour errors of the scanners are corrected automatically. For creating such a colour profile for the scanner, besides the
calibration software an IT-8 calibration target
is needed. You can then select the created colour profile in the EpsonScan software.