The Microtek ScanMaker i800 Plus can convert original data into high quality and fidelity format, enabling to transfer completely 48-bit depth color fpr excellent quality.
We don't have the Microtek ScanMaker i800 on stock any more, since we have made too many bad experiences with that device. As a significant better alternative we recommend the Epson Perfection V800 Photo
, which is significantly superior to the Microtek ScanMaker i800, especially concerning the image quality.
Please, choose above, below the price information, between the SilverFast Ai Studio version and the SilverFast Archive Suite (Archive Suite = SilverFast Ai Studio + SilverFast HDR Studio). Also, please, choose above, below the prize information, your desired 10x15cm reflective targets (Kodak, Fuji) or 6x7cm transparent targets (Kodak, Fuji) for the IT-8 colour calibration. If you need additional transparency targets (Kodak, Fuji, Kodachrome) for scanning film material, you find them in our category IT-8 targets. Detailed information about SilverFast and the available targets can be found on our SilverFast website. Information about SilverFast HDR can be found on our SilverFast HDR webseite. Information about scanner calibration can be found on our page Scanner IT-8 calibration.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
- Top-of-range film, photo and document scanner
- 4800x9600dpi; 48 bit colour depth
- Fast document, photo, film and slide scanning; Zero Warm-up
- 6 Smart-Touch-Buttons
- Type: Desktop color flatbed scanner
- Scanning CCD
- Light source: White LED
- Optical resolution: 4800×9600dpi
- Fix focus
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Bit Depth:48 bit internal
- EZ-Scan Buttons: 6 smart-touch-buttons (SCAN, COPY, E-MAIL, OCR, PDF DEFINE)
- Supported File Types: TIF, BMP, EPS, JPG, PSD, IFF, PCX, PXR, TGA, WMF, PDF, DCX, GIF, RLE, ICO
- Supported Film Types: 4" x 5" film, 6 x 22 cm film, 135 mm film strip, 35 mm slide framed
- Power Source: DC 15V, 2.5A
- Power consumption: approx. 35W (Operating); approx. 1.8W (Standby); approx. 1W (Switch-off)
- Dimensions: approx. 576 x 297 x 118 mm
- Weight: approx. 6.4 kg
SilverFast 8 feature highlights
- The new SilverFast 8 Preview Concept allows to assess the results even for complicated image optimization functions, such as iSRD (not at this scanner) and USM, at any time. A 100% zoom facilitates to properly evaluate and set the parameters of these tools.
- The user interface of SilverFast 8 has been completely redeveloped according to current standards. The controls can be arranged flexibly and freely on the screen according to personal preferences. All major functions can be operated quickly and easily.
- SilverFast 8 is fully capable of multitasking. For example, if several originals are to be scanned one after another, the user can already set the image optimization options for the second scan while the scanner is digitizing the first original.
- SilverFast SCC is a tool to perform a selective color correction in a very simple manner. Selective color correction means that a single color is selected and changed specifically, but all other colors remain unchanged. A mouse click in the preview window easily selects the color to be changed: SilverFast's Selective Color Correction is particularly intuitive.
- The Global Color Correction is an intuitive tool for controlling the color balance of the whole image. Particularly older images often show color casts that can be removed easily with GCC. The possibility to restrict modifications to half and quarter tones, allows effortless optimization of even those color shifts that are only visible in the very light or very shadowy image areas.
- The WorkflowPilot is a wizard that guides the user in the correct order through all required processing steps. Depending on material and intended purpose there is a different workflow that will be worked on with the WorkflowPilot step by step.
- SilverFast HiRePP will dramatically speed up the process of loading and working large image files.
- Microtek ScanPotter (MAC)
- ScanWizard EZ
- InterVideo MediaOne Gallery
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Optional: SilverFast Ai Studio 8 / Archive Suite 8 according to your choice above
- Optional: IT-8 10x15cm reflective targets according to your choice above
- Optional: IT-8 6x7cm transparent targets according to your choice above
- Optional: Adobe® Photoshop® Elements according to your choice above
- Windows 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- MAC 64-bit systems: Mac OS X from 10.7
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are
available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for
PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of
iSRD and HDRi are not supported.
For the cleaning of the glass surface of the scanner we recommend the scanner cleaning set from Kinetronics. The set consists of an anti static cloth, with which you can clean the complete glass surface, and an anti static brush for cleaning smaller parts, but also for cleaning film material. Both the cloth and the brush have the special feature that they remove static charges, which adduct dust magically.
If the glass surface of the scanner is covered with strong dust we recommend the use of the Kinetronics cleaning fluid PLCD. That's a high value cleaning fluid, which has been developed especially for the cleaning of optical glasses and glass surfaces. With a couple of drops you can effectively remove dust and dirt.
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
Those who work
with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film
scanner - should absolutely calibrate their screen. Without a screen calibration
performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of
the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your
screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer,
image service, new screen).