Microtek’s ScanMaker 9800XL Plus is a large format A3 scanner with superb and versatile functions specifically designed for the professionals who require exceptional image quality. With the warm-up free energy saving LED light source, ScanMaker 9800XL Plus echoes to going green. An optical dynamic range of 3.7 Dmax which delivers accurate color, superb shadows and highlights crisp details and sharp images without compromise. With a true optical resolution of 1600 dpi scanning, the Scan Maker 9800XL Plus captures a tremendous amount of details from your large-format A3 scanner areas, allowing scans to be printed perfectly and revealing superior image quality.
- The exceptionally high resolution of the ScanMaker 9800XL Plus lets you scan even postage-size images and enlarge them with amazing clarity, with little loss of detail. The scanner's 3.7 maximum optical density allows it to capture a wide range of tones approximating real-life color and hues.
- Adopting LEDs as the light source, when the ScanMaker 9800XL Plus is detected by the system, there are no requirements for any warm-up time before carrying out the scan, which boots your productivity and reduces energy costs amazingly. With its stable performance, the image quality will remain consistent even after used for a certain period of time.
- The 12” x 17” (tabloid-size) scan bed of the ScanMaker 9800XL Plus lets you easily scan oversized originals, contact sheets, large pieces of art, mechanical blueprints, and X-rays.
- A Smart-Touch button (Scan) locating at the front panel of the scanner provides you a quick and easy way to capture images that can be automatically saved as files or sent to another application for further processing later.
- With the use of the optional TMA, you can scan X-rays, positive transparencies, and negative film. The included templates accommodate a variety of film sizes, including 35mm slides, 35mm filmstrips, 4" x 5" film, and medium format film from 6 x 4.5-cm up to 6 x 17-cm panoramic film.
Please, choose above, below the price information, between the SilverFast Ai Studio version and the SilverFast Archive Suite (Archive Suite = SilverFast Ai Studio + SilverFast HDR Studio). Also, please, choose above, below the prize information, your desired 10x15cm reflective targets (Kodak, Fuji) for the IT-8 colour calibration. If you need additional transparency targets (Kodak, Fuji, Kodachrome) for scanning film material, you find them in our category IT-8 targets. Detailed information about SilverFast and the available targets can be found on our SilverFast website. Information about SilverFast HDR can be found on our SilverFast HDR webseite. Information about scanner calibration can be found on our page Scanner IT-8 calibration.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
- Scanner Type: Desktop color flatbed scanner
- Image Sensor Type: CCD
- Light Source: LED
- Resolution: 1600 x 3200dpi
- Fix focus
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 627,4 x 375,9 x 129,5 mm
- Weight: ca. 12 kg
- Connectivity: High Speed USB (USB 2.0)
- Bit Depth: 48 Bit internal
- Scanning area reflective: 12" x 16,9" (305 x 429,26 mm) ca. A3
- Scanning area transparent: 12 x 16" (305 x 406 mm)
- Supported File Types: TIF, BMP, EPS, JPG, PSD, PDF, SCT
- Supported Film Types: 4" x 5" film, 120 mm film strip, 135 mm film strip, 35 mm slide framed (optional Transparency unit TMA 1600 III is needed)
- Power Consumption: 28 Watts (Operation mode), 8.4 Watts (Sleep mode), <1Watts (Off mode)
Scope of delivery
- Scanner Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL Plus
- Microtek ScanWizard Pro
- Microtek Scanner ICC Profiler
- Microtek ScanPotter (MAC)
- Microtek LAN Wizard (Network Scanning utility) (PC)
- InterVideo MediaOne Gallery (PC)
- SilverFast Ai Studio 8 / SilverFast Archive Suite according to your choice above
- Optional: IT-8 10x15cm reflective targets according to your choice above
- Optional: Adobe® Photoshop® Elements according to your choice above
- Windows 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- MAC 64-bit systems: Mac OS X from 10.7
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are
available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for
PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of
HRDi and iSRD are not supported.
For the cleaning of the glass surface of the scanner we recommend the scanner cleaning set from Kinetronics. The set consists of an anti static cloth, with which you can clean the complete glass surface, and an anti static brush for cleaning smaller parts, but also for cleaning film material. Both the cloth and the brush have the special feature that they remove static charges, which adduct dust magically.
If the glass surface of the scanner is covered with strong dust we recommend the use of the Kinetronics cleaning fluid PLCD. That's a high value cleaning fluid, which has been developed especially for the cleaning of optical glasses and glass surfaces. With a couple of drops you can effectively remove dust and dirt.
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
Those who work
with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film
scanner - should absolutely calibrate their screen. Without a screen calibration
performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of
the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your
screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer,
image service, new screen).