The Reflecta DigitDia 7000 is a magazine scanner which can scan up to 100 mounted slides directly from the magazine. The scanner is compatible with the following magazines:
- reflecta CS-magazines for 40 or 100 35mm slides
- Universal magazines DIN 108 for 36 or 50 35mm slides
- Paximat magazines 36/36S, 50/50S
- Paximat carousel magazines 100/100S
- Paximat Multimag compact magazine 50
- LKM magazines
The Reflecta DigitDia 7000 works as a slide projector, feeding and scannning slide for slide automatically. In this way the scanner can digitize complete magazines fully automatically. However, you always have to expect that a slides gets stuck or jammed so that the automatic batch mode interrupts and one has to intervent manually. Especially when scanning glass frames or carton frames it comes to disturbancies again and again. Please, contact us or the manufacturer, when a slide mount gets stuck. If you damage the scanner mechanics at the try to take out a slide mount, which got stuck, the manufacturer will not take the costs for reparation on warranty.
As an alternative there is the Braun Multimag SlideScan 7000
. The Braun Multimag SlideScan 7000 does not produce blown up image files since it achieves the same effective resolution with half the scan resolution. Furthermore, Braun Phototechnik offers a better and faster service than reflecta.
Please, choose above, below the price information, between the SilverFast Ai Studio version and the SilverFast Archive Suite (Archive Suite = SilverFast Ai Studio + SilverFast HDR Studio). Also, please, choose above your desired targets (Kodak, Fuji, Kodachrome) for the IT-8 colour calibration. Detailed information about SilverFast and the available targets can be found on our SilverFast website. Information about SilverFast HDR can be found on our SilverFast HDR website. Information about scanner calibration can be found on our page Scanner IT-8 calibration.
Please, choose above, below the price information, if you want to order the scanner with or without Adobe® Photoshop® Elements.
- Image sensor: Linear Colour-CCD
- Colour depth: 48 Bit
- Optical resolution: 10000 dpi
- Fix focus
- Light source: Film preserving LED
- Prescan: 15 seconds
- Scan time: Scan for 5000 dpi: 150sec.
- Scan area max: 37 x 37mm
- Density range: 4,2 Dmax
- Batch scan: directly out of the magazine
- Ports: USB 2.0
- Slide preview: via integrated illuminated viewing window
- Anti blocking system: ABS slipper clutch
- Quick scan: Button on device
- Slide transport: Forward/Backward button on device
- Slide editor: Slide lift with soft brake
- Sleeping mode: 1 hour
- Weight: 2,9 kg
- Dimensions: 300x290x125mm (LxWxH)
Compatible film formats
- Mounted 35mm slides (mount thickness: 1,5 mm - 2,5 mm)
- Positives and negatives
- Colour images and B/W images
SilverFast 8 feature highlights
- The new SilverFast 8 Preview Concept allows to assess the results even for complicated image optimization functions, such as iSRD and USM, at any time. A 100% zoom facilitates to properly evaluate and set the parameters of these tools.
- The user interface of SilverFast 8 has been completely redeveloped according to current standards. The controls can be arranged flexibly and freely on the screen according to personal preferences. All major functions can be operated quickly and easily.
- SilverFast 8 is fully capable of multitasking. For example, if several originals are to be scanned one after another, the user can already set the image optimization options for the second scan while the scanner is digitizing the first original.
- SilverFast SCC is a tool to perform a selective color correction in a very simple manner. Selective color correction means that a single color is selected and changed specifically, but all other colors remain unchanged. A mouse click in the preview window easily selects the color to be changed: SilverFast's Selective Color Correction is particularly intuitive.
- The Global Color Correction is an intuitive tool for controlling the color balance of the whole image. Particularly older images often show color casts that can be removed easily with GCC. The possibility to restrict modifications to half and quarter tones, allows effortless optimization of even those color shifts that are only visible in the very light or very shadowy image areas.
- The WorkflowPilot is a wizard that guides the user in the correct order through all required processing steps. Depending on material and intended purpose there is a different workflow that will be worked on with the WorkflowPilot step by step.
- SilverFast HiRePP will dramatically speed up the process of loading and working large image files.
Scope of delivery
- Scanner Reflecta DigitDia 7000
- Power supply unit
- USB cable
- Instruction manual
- SilverFast Ai Studio 8 / Archive Suite 8 (according to your choice above)
- IT-8 calibration targets (according to your choice above)
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (according to your selection above)
- Magazine (according to your choice above)
- CD with scan software Cyberview
- Windows 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- MAC 64-bit systems: Mac OS X from 10.7
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
- Photoshop Elements 9: Windows XP - 10, Mac OS 10.5.8 - 10.14
- Photoshop Elements 12: Windows 7 - 10, Mac OS 10.7 - 10.14
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are
available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for
PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
If you work with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film scanner - you should calibrate your screen. Without a screen calibration performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer, image service, new screen).