The Reflecta DigitDia 7000 is a magazine scanner which can scan up to 100 mounted slides directly from the magazine. The scanner is compatible with the following magazines:
- reflecta CS-magazines for 40 or 100 35mm slides
- Universal magazines DIN 108 for 36 or 50 35mm slides
- Paximat magazines 36/36S, 50/50S
- Paximat carousel magazines 100/100S
- Paximat Multimag compact magazine 50
- LKM magazines
The Reflecta DigitDia 7000 works as a slide projector, feeding and scannning slide for slide automatically. In this way the scanner can digitize complete magazines fully automatically. However, you always have to expect that a slides gets stuck or jammed so that the automatic batch mode interrupts and one has to intervent manually. Especially when scanning glass frames or carton frames it comes to disturbancies again and again.
As you can read in our Review about the Reflecta DigitDia 7000
the DigitDia 7000 achieves an effective resolution of approx. 4.900ppi at a nominal resolution of 10.000ppi and thus produces more than 75% double pixels at a scan. So the extremely blown up scan files have to be compressed afterwards with an image editing software like Adobe® Photoshop® Elements. The Braun Multimag SlideScan 7000
is better in this aspect, since it procuces effectively 4.900ppi at a nominal resolution of 5.000ppi.
For the reflecta DigitDia 7000 there is no SilverFast software available yet. If you buy the scanner in our shop now without SilverFast you can order the SilverFast software after its release to the bundle price.
As an alternative there is the Braun Multimag SlideScan 7000
. The Braun Multimag SlideScan 7000 does not produce blown up image files since it achieves the same effective resolution with half the scan resolution. Furthermore, Braun Phototechnik offers a better and faster service than reflecta.
- Image sensor: Linear Colour-CCD
- Colour depth: 48 Bit
- Optical resolution: 10000 dpi
- Fix focus
- Light source: Film preserving LED
- Prescan: 15 seconds
- Scan time: Scan for 5000 dpi: 150sec.
- Scan area max: 37 x 37mm
- Density range: 4,2 Dmax
- Batch scan: directly out of the magazine
- Ports: USB 2.0
- Slide preview: via integrated illuminated viewing window
- Anti blocking system: ABS slipper clutch
- Quick scan: Button on device
- Slide transport: Forward/Backward button on device
- Slide editor: Slide lift with soft brake
- Sleeping mode: 1 hour
- Weight: 2,9 kg
- Dimensions: 300x290x125mm (LxWxH)
Compatible film formats
- Mounted 35mm slides (mount thickness: 1,5 mm - 2,5 mm)
- Positives and negatives
- Colour images and B/W images
Scope of delivery
- Scanner Reflecta DigitDia 7000
- Power supply unit
- USB cable
- Instruction manual
- Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (according to your selection above)
- CD with scan software Cyberview
- PC: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista 32Bit / 64Bit, Windows 7 32Bit / 64Bit, Windows 8 32Bit / 64Bit, Windows 10 32Bit / 64Bit
- Mac with OSX 10.3 or higher
When working with film strips it can often happen that you accidentally touch the emulsion side of the film. The damage often is irreparable. You can avoid damages to the film material and comfortably insert film strips into the scanner or film holder by wearing fine cotton gloves.
Anti-dust spray is used to clean film material - no matter if it's mounted slides or film strips - by removing dust and fluffs with a flimsy current of air without touching the film material at all. There is no better, more comfortable and more efficient way to clean your film material.
For working with single negatives or positives we highly recommend using tweezers, because otherwise you run the risk of touching and damaging the film.
Those who work
with digital images - no matter if they come from a digital camera or from a film
scanner - should absolutely calibrate their screen. Without a screen calibration
performed with objective criteria you run the risk of wrongly adjusting the settings of
the scan or the image editing software, which makes the image look right on your
screen, but will cause unnatural alienated colours on other output devices (printer,
image service, new screen).