SilverFast is the leading software for flatbed and film scanner operation. Beginners quickly come to grips with SilverFast because the most important settings can be adjusted with simple sliders and buttons. The WorkflowPilot even guides you step by step from prescan and settings to the fine scan.
Professionals can find an almost unlimited number of sliders, curves and buttons leaving nothing to be desired. SilverFast offers not only simple, intuitive operation, detailed sliders and options but also brings out the maximum image quality in the used scanner. Many film scanners show their real strength only when being operated with SilverFast.
You can install SilverFast in two different ways: You can install the Stand-Alone version so that the picture files will be saved directly on your hard disk. Or you can install the Photoshop® Plugin. Then the pictures will be opened in Photoshop® and you have to save them manually.
Please, choose above, below the price information, between the SilverFast Ai Studio Version and the SilverFast Archive Suite (Archive Suite = SilverFast Ai Studio + SilverFast HDR Studio). You can also select your desired IT-8 targets (Kodak, Fuji, Kodachrome) for the IT-8 colour calibration. Detailed information about SilverFast and the available targets can be found on our SilverFast website. Information about SilverFast HDR can be found on our SilverFast HDR webseite. Information about scanner calibration can be found on our page Scanner IT-8 calibration.
- The new SilverFast 8 Preview Concept allows to assess the results even for complicated image optimization functions, such as iSRD and USM, at any time. A 100% zoom facilitates to properly evaluate and set the parameters of these tools.
- The user interface of SilverFast 8 has been completely redeveloped according to current standards. The controls can be arranged flexibly and freely on the screen according to personal preferences. All major functions can be operated quickly and easily.
- SilverFast 8 is fully capable of multitasking. For example, if several originals are to be scanned one after another, the user can already set the image optimization options for the second scan while the scanner is digitizing the first original.
- SilverFast SCC is a tool to perform a selective color correction in a very simple manner. Selective color correction means that a single color is selected and changed specifically, but all other colors remain unchanged. A mouse click in the preview window easily selects the color to be changed: SilverFast's Selective Color Correction is particularly intuitive.
- The Global Color Correction is an intuitive tool for controlling the color balance of the whole image. Particularly older images often show color casts that can be removed easily with GCC. The possibility to restrict modifications to half and quarter tones, allows effortless optimization of even those color shifts that are only visible in the very light or very shadowy image areas.
- The WorkflowPilot is a wizard that guides the user in the correct order through all required processing steps. Depending on material and intended purpose there is a different workflow that will be worked on with the WorkflowPilot step by step.
- SilverFast HiRePP will dramatically speed up the process of loading and working large image files.
Feature highlights of the SilverFast 8 Studio
- Auto-IT8 Calibration
- Expert Mode
- 16 Bit Histogram
- manual editing of NegaFix profiles
- SCC (selective color correction) on up to 4 layers
- iSRD (Infrared Dust and Scratch Removal) on up to 4 layers
With an IT-8 target (optional choice) the scanner can be color calibrated. The target is a slide with many small color fields corresponding certain colors. For every color field a reference color value is saved in a file. By comparing these reference values with the scanned actual color values it is possible to exactly color calibrate the scanner. Thus an individual color profile for the used scanner is generated which can be saved as ICC profile. This IT-8 calibration enables real true color scanning. Information about scanner calibration can be found on our page Scanner IT-8 calibration
SilverFast iSRD in SilverFast Ai Studio 8
In SilverFast Ai Studio 8, the iSRD tool is extended by functionality. Masks can be used on up to 4 different layers to limit the scratch removal effect on some areas of the image or to apply different degrees of corrections.
- Automatic scratch removal
- Manual control of detection sensitivity
- Manual control of defect size that should be detected
- 1:1 preview mode
- Corrections on up to 4 layers
- Selective correction by using masks
RAW data processing with SilverFast Archive Suite
In the SilverFast Archive Suite, a combination of SilverFast Ai IT8 Studio and SilverFast HDR Studio, it is possible to establish a workflow for digitizing multiple images and archives in a supremely efficient and time-saving way. Due to the 64 Bit or 48 Bit workflow, the hardware-based scanning procedure is completely separated from the image optimization process. Using the intelligent frame-finding option and the fast saving of originals into lossless HDR file formats (64 Bit/48 Bit RAW data) enables you to digitize whole image collections quickly. That's how you effectively prevent your pictures from being destroyed or getting lost.
HDRi raw data with infrared channel: The unique HDRi feature is the final step for complete HDR scans. The scanner delivers raw data through SilverFast which contain all readable image information, and now even contain the information from the infrared channel. This file can then be used for further image optimization, regardless of where and when you choose to work on it.
Because the calibration data gets embedded into the files, you don't need to calibrate again, when opening and processing the files with SilverFast HDR Studio afterwards. A permanent gamma value synchronization of the 64/48 Bit data secures predictable and consistent brightness and color reproduction between SilverFast Ai IT8 Studio and SilverFast HDR Studio. After scanning with SilverFast Ai IT8 Studio you convert the RAW files with SilverFast HDR Studio. The conversion process uses the HiRePP function. HiRepp means stunning fast opening of huge files in real time and being able to work on them almost instantly. Work with your RAWs at your workstation or in any other external environment. You can find detailed informations about SilverFast HDR in our HDR Software test
Scope of delivery
- SilverFast Ai Studio 8.8 / Archive Suite 8.8 (according to your choice above) for Reflecta RPS 10M, Box version consisting of DVD, user guide and licence key
- 35mm IT-8 calibration targets (according to your choice above)
- 64-bit systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 or Mac OS X from 10.7
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- Up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- DVD drive or internet connection
- Latest firmware installed on scanner device
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
(Photoshop CS6 and higher on OS X are only supported if 64 bit drivers are available for the scanner.)
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 13.
SilverFast 8 can also be installed on Windows as a TWAIN module.
Note: SilverFast 8 is Intel native software and thus it is not available for PowerPC Mac systems (Those G4-microprocessors were only produced until the End of 2005).