As a variant of the professional scanner software SilverFast Ai Studio 8, SilverFast X-Ray 8 has been specifically designed for digitizing medical x-ray film. X-Ray images of bones, teeth, heart, lungs and other parts of the human body are scanned reliably and fast using SilverFast X-Ray 8.
The high-quality digital x-ray film copies are ideal for archiving, for illustration in patient meetings and even for diagnostic purposes.
- DICOM - image file format according to DICOM standard
- UAS Cologne - long-standing development project with the IMP
- Individual adjustment - to every scanner model
- Details and image depth - maximum detail, sharpness and tonal range
- Easy to use - quick and simple to learn
Just a few scanners are really suitable for digitizing x-ray film. From a medical standpoint, achieving color depth and high detail in the scans is of extreme importance. Simple scanners do not meet these standards, thus, SilverFast X-Ray is designed to support only the scanners with transparency units that do meet the high quality requirements needed to produce professional x-ray scans.
SilverFast X-Ray 8 has been developed in cooperation with the Institute for Media and Photo Technology (Special area: Radiological Imaging in Medicine and Technology and Photo Technology) of the University of Applied Science Cologne. SilverFast X-Ray implements the DICOM standards regarding storage format for digital x-ray images.
SilverFast X-Ray is individually adjusted to each scanner model and therefore is able to get maximum details and the complete tonal range from medical and scientific X-ray film. The intuitive user interface and logical tool sequence, enable even beginners to achieve perfect scans. Beyond the x-ray scan functionality, SilverFast X-Ray 8 offers the complete feature range of professional scanner software SilverFast Ai Studio 8.
Please, select your scanner model above below the price.
Compatible operating systems
Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8 or Mac OS X from 10.5 (no PowerPC)
- 2 GHz Processor or faster (Multi-core recommended)
- 2 GB RAM main memory (4 GB RAM recommended)
- 2 GB free space on hard disk drive for the software file
- up to 20 GB free space on the main system hard disk drive for the cache
- Supported scanner (compatibility)
- DVD drive or internet connection
SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop CS3 to CS6 and CC.
- SilverFast 8 supports Photoshop Elements 8 to 12.
- SilverFast 8 does offer a TWAIN module.
The Microtek ScanMaker 9800 XL is only supported by Silverfast X-Ray 6.6. The Version 8 is not available for this scanner.
Scope of delivery
- SilverFast activation key